Scottish art and national encouragement : containing a view of existing controversaries and translations during the last twenty-seven years relative to art in Scotland : with an ample appendix of documents.
- Edinburgh ; William Blackwood and Sons, 1846.
London : William Blackwood and Sons, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 110 p.,  leaf of plates : port. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6778 S3 1846Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Portrait of Sir William Allan after D.O. (David Octavius) Hill; printed by Maclure, Macdonald & Macgregor.
Printed by A. Cannon.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Scotland -- Societies, etc.Art and state -- Scotland.Art, Modern -- 19th century -- Scotland.Blackwood (William) and Sons -- Publisher.Cannon, A. -- Printer.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1846.Fraser, Alexander, 1786-1865 -- Autograph.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1846.Maclure, Macdonald & Macgregor -- Printer.Royal Institution for the Encouragement of the Fine Arts in Scotland.Royal Scottish Academy.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.