The geometric beauty of the human figure defined; to which is prefixed a system of aesthetic proportion applicable to architecture and the other formative arts, by D.R. Hay ...
- Edinburgh and W. Blackwood and sons, 1851.
London, W. Blackwood and sons, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., [vii]-xiv p. 1 ., 68 p. diagrs. on xvi pl. 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC765 H29 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations engraved by William Forrest; after D.R. (David Ramsay) Hay and John Adam Houston.
Cover title: Hay On the human figure.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic.Blackwood (William) and Sons -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1851.Human figure in art.Proportion (Art)
YCBA Collections Search
Hay, D. R. (David Ramsay), 1798-1866, The geometric beauty of the human figure defined;, 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.