Morgan's Improved protean scenery : the brute tamer of Pompeii ...
- London : W. Morgan, 25 Partletts Buildings, Holborn Hill, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : col. ill. ; 26 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 M45 1839+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This print at first represents the city of Pompeii and upon holding it before the light it will entirely change to Van Amburgh and his lions, tigers, etc. forming a pleasing illusion."
At head of title: No. 21
- Subject Terms:
- Animal trainers.Morgan, Wm. -- Publisher.Pompeii (Extinct city) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.