Gunn, William, 1750-1841, Cartonensia, or, An historical and critical account of the tapestries in the palace of the Vatican , 1831
- Cartonensia, or, An historical and critical account of the tapestries in the palace of the Vatican : copied from the designs of Raphael of Urbino, and of such of the cartoons whence they were woven, as are now in preservation, with notes and illustrations : to which are subjoined remarks on the causes which retard the progress of the higher departments of the art of painting in this country / by the Rev. W. Gunn ...
- London : James Ridgway, 169, Piccadilly, 1831.
- Physical Description:
- , xvi, 198 p. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK3052 R7 G9 1831Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Tilling, Printer, Chelsea"
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Great Britain.Gunn, William, 1750-1841 -- Pres. insc. to the Norfolk & Norwich Library Institution, 1832.Norfolk & Norwich Library Institution -- Pres. insc. from William Gunn, 1832.Raphael, 1483-1520.Ridgway, James -- Publisher.Tapestry -- Italy -- Rome.Tilling -- Printer.Vatican Palace (Vatican City)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.