A practical manual of heraldry and heraldic illumination : with a glossary of the principal terms used in heraldry / by Francis Joseph Baigent and Charles James Russell.
- London : George Rowney & Co., 1864.
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 65 p., 16 leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCR21 B34 1864Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates lithographed by M. Long.
Text printed by Henderson, Rait, and Fenton, Winsley Street, Oxford Street.
Advertisements for artists' materials sold by George Rowney: 22 p. at end.
Bound in blind- and gold-stamped blue diagonal fine rib grain cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials -- Catalogs.Henderson, Rait, and Fenton -- Printer.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Heraldry -- Technique.Heraldry, Ornamental.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1864.Rowney (George) and Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromolithographs -- 1864.
YCBA Collections Search
Baigent, Francis Joseph, A practical manual of heraldry and heraldic illumination , 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.