The art of decorative design : with an appendix, giving the hours of the day at which flowers open (the floral clock) : the characteristic flowers of the months (both indigenous and cultivated), of all countries, and of the diversified soils / by C. Dresser, Professor of ornamental art and botany in the Crystal Palace Sydenham ; of botany applied to the fine arts in the department of science and art, South Kensington Museum ; and of scientific botany in the Polytechnic Institution, and the London and St. Mary's Medical Colleges.
- London : Day and Son, lithographers to the Queen, Gate Street, Lincoln's Inn Fields, 1862.
London : Printed by Savill and Edwards, printers, Chandos Street, Covent Garden, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 241,  pages, xxviii leaves of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1510 .D75 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1510 .D75 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates lithographed by William Robert Tymms; after Christopher Dresser. Other illustrations by James Charles Armytage; after Miss Sawkins, Mary Ellen Edwards, Mary E. Julyan, Miss Stock, Sarah McGregor, and Elizabeth L. Collins.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped red cloth. Binder's ticket: Bone and Son, 76 Fleet Street, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped red cloth. Inscribed: With the authors comps. Sept. 1862. Embossed stamp: Royal Institution of Great Britain.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Plant forms.Decoration and ornament -- Victorian style.Decoration and ornament.Royal Institution of Great Britain -- Stamp.
- Chromolithographs -- 1862.
Wood engravings -- 1862.
Lithographs -- 1862.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.