Art-studies from nature, as applied to design: for the use of architects, designers, and manufacturers. Comprised in four papers by F.E. Hulme ... J. Glaisher ... S.J. Mackie ... Robert Hunt ... With numerous illustrations on wood.
- London, Virtue & co., 1872.
- Physical Description:
- xii p., 1 ., 212 p. illus. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1553 H8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Black- and gold-stamped purple publisher's cloth binding.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
Reprinted from the Art-journal.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Plant forms.Nature (Aesthetics)Virtue & Co. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1872.
- I. The adaptability of our native plants to the purposes of ornamental art. By F.E. Hulme.--II. Sea-weeds as objects of design. By S.J. Mackie.--III. The crystals of snow as applied to the purposes of design. By J. Glaisher.--IV. The symmetrical and ornamental forms of organic remains. By R. Hunt.