The encyclopaedia of ornament / by Henry Shaw ...
- London : William Pickering, 1842.
- Physical Description:
- 4, iv, -6,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1530 S5+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Plates drawn and engraved by Henry Shaw.
Gold tooled morocco binding by J. Wright.
Added colored t.p.
Large paper copy, with plates colored.
McLean, R. Victorian book design, p. 66.
- Subject Terms:
- Chiswick Press -- Printer.Decoration and ornament.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1842.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1842.Pickering, William -- Publisher.Wright, J. -- Bookbinder.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1842.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.