A new critical review of the publick buildings, statues and ornaments, in and about London and Westminster. With some reflections on the use of sepulchral monuments; as also a scheme shewing the dimensions of St. Peter's Church at Rome and St. Paul's Cathedral at London; and a preface, being an essay on taste. To all which is added, an Appendix, containing a dispute between the Weekly miscellany and the author; and a compleat Alphabetical index.
- 2d ed., cor.
- London, Printed by C. Ackers for J. Clarke, 1736.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p. l., vi, 91,  p. fold. table. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA970 C8 1736Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Notes and comments in ms. by Rev. Michael Lort,  p. at end. Lort was a friend of Horace Walpole.
Ascribed to James Ralph by the Brit. Mus. Catalogue, Allibone Watt, Cushing, and Halkett and Laing, but the Dict. of Nat. Biog. states that Ralph was not responsible for the work. Cf. also Notes and queries, 3d ser., v. 6, p. 72.
Head- and tail-pieces; initials.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackers, C. -- Printer.Adrian, W. T. -- Autograph.Architecture -- England -- London.Clarke, J. -- Publisher.London (England) -- Description and travel.Lort, Michael, 1725-1790 -- Provenance.Westminster Abbey.
YCBA Collections Search
A new critical review of the publick buildings, statues and ornaments, in and about London and Westminster, 1736
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.