The gallery of British engravings : consisting of twenty-two splendid steel engravings from the works of the most eminent painters : with descriptive letterpress.
- London : D. Omer Smith, 76 St. Paul's Churchyard, and 11 Buckingham Gate, [184-?]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND467 G24+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Henry Winkles, Samuel Mittan, Edward Smith, B. Sands, Samuel Fisher, Thomas Hope, Joseph Clayton Bentley, Cosmo Armstrong, Robert Brandard, W. Floyd, Samuel Lacey, W. Henshall, Albert Henry Payne, James Carter, John Shury & Son, and J. Henshall; after J. Archer, Henry Corbould, John Massey Wright, Charles Marshall, Joseph Clayton Bentley, G. Vickers, George Cattermole, William Kidd, Robert Brandard, Peter De Wint, Samuel Prout, Alfred Gomersal Vickers, Anthony Vandyke Copley Fielding, James Baker Pyne, Thomas Sidney Cooper, George Balmer, Edward Henry Wehnert, and J.M.W. Turner.
Added engraved t.p.
Running title: Modern British artists.
- Subject Terms:
- Smith, D. Omer -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- [184-?].
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.