IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Wise, John R. (John Richard), 1831-1890, The New Forest , 1863
The New Forest : its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise ; with 63 illustrations drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps.
- London : Smith, Elder and Co., 1863.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 336 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.N5 W8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: Gold-stamped green publisher's cloth binding signed JL (i.e. John Leighton).
BEIN 2005 1257: Bookplate of William Fowler Hopson. Bookseller's label: W. Tucker, bookseller, Christchurch. Binder's ticket: Bound by Leighton Son and Hodge. Printed label on front cover: 301.
- Subject Terms:
- Hopson, William Fowler, 1849-1935 -- Bookplate.Leighton, John, 1822-1912, binding designer.Mathew family -- Bookplate.Natural history -- England -- New Forest (Forest)New Forest (England : Forest)Smith, Elder and Co. -- Publisher.
- Binders' tickets (Binding) -- Leighton Son & Hodge.
Booksellers' labels (Provenance) -- W. Tucker.
Wood engravings -- 1863.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.