Stories for summer days and winter nights : illustrated with coloured plates and wood engravings.
- London : Groombridge and Sons, 1872.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPZ8.9 S7 1872Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Chromoxylographs after Alexander Francis Lydon, probably engraved and printed by Benjamin Fawcett. Other illustrations engraved by Edward Whimper [i.e. Whymper].
Advertisements:  pages at end, for titles published by Groombridge.
Binder's ticket: Westleys & Co., London.
Gold- and black-stamped purple cloth binding.
Morris, M.C.F. Benjamin Fawcett, p. 133.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories.Fawcett, Benjamin, 1808-1893 -- Printer.Groombridge and Sons -- Publisher.Westleys & Co. -- Bookbinder.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1872.
Wood engravings -- 1872.
- Oscar : a tale of Norway
- Home at the haven
- The foundling of the wreck
- The children and the sage
- The seeker and the finder
- The story of Wellington.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.