The tent of Darius explained, or, The queen of Persia at the feet of Alexander / translated from the French of Mr. Felibien by Colonel Parsons ; with a print of the tent engraved by Mr. Gribelin.
- London : Printed by W.R. for the author ..., and sold by W. Rogers and H. Rhodes ..., E. Harris ..., B. Baker ..., 1704.
- Physical Description:
- , 51 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND553 L4 F3 1704+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plate by Simon Gribelin, after Charles Le Brun. Head- and tail-pieces by Gribelin.
Title vignette; initials; head- and tail-pieces.
Half-title and text in French and English.
A description of the painting "The tent of Darius" by Charles Le Brun.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexander, the Great, 356-323 B.C.Barker, B. -- Publisher.Darius III, King of Persia, d. 330 B.C.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1704.Harris, E. -- Publisher.Harris, John -- Bookplate.Le Brun, Charles, 1619-1690. Tent of Darius.Newborough, T. -- Publisher.Rhodes, H. -- Publisher.Rogers, W. -- Publisher.W. R. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Félibien, André, sieur des Avaux et de Javercy, 1619-1695, The tent of Darius explained, or, The queen of Persia at the feet of Alexander , 1704
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.