An historical miscellany of the curiosities and rarities in nature and art : comprising new and entertaining descriptions of the most surprising volcanos, caverns, cataracts, whirlpools, waterfalls, earthquakes, thunder, lightning, and other wonderful and stupendous phenomena of nature : forming a rich and comprehensive view of all that is interesting and curious in every part of the habitable world.
- London : Printed for the proprietor ... and sold by Champante and Whitrow ... and at the British Directory Office ..., [1794-1797].
- Physical Description:
- 5 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH45.5 H57 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Eastgate, John Pass, and J. Barlow; after Peter Stephens and Philip Thicknesse Horn.
Printed by J.W. Myers, No. 2, Paternoster-row, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Champante & Whitrow -- Publisher.Curiosities and wonders -- Early works to 1900.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- [1794-1797].Myers, F. W. -- Printer.Natural history -- Miscellanea.
YCBA Collections Search
An historical miscellany of the curiosities and rarities in nature and art , [1794-1797]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.