Humphreys, Henry Noel, 1810-1879, River gardens , 1857
- River gardens : being an account of the best methods of cultivating fresh-water plants in aquaria : in such a manner as to afford suitable abodes to ornamental fish, and many interesting kinds of aquatic animals / by H. Noel Humphreys ...
- London : Sampson Low, Son, and Co., 1857.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 107,  p., 8 leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF457 H8 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF457 H8 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center has 2 copies in variant trade bindings. Both have binder's tickets that read: Bone & Son, 76 Fleet Street, and have same design gold-stamped on cover. Copy 1 is bound in blue morocco grain cloth & copy 2 is bound in red diagonal wave grain cloth.
Copy 1 has the autographs of Elizabeth & George Whipple.
Printed by Thomas Harrild.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 218
Selected exhibitions: “Pleasures and Pastimes" (Yale Center for British Art, February 21 - April 29, 1990).
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Aquariums.Aquatic plants.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Harrild, Thomas -- Printer.Low (Sampson), Son, and Co. -- Publisher.Whipple, Elizabeth Martha Beckley -- Autograph, 1860.Whipple, George Matthews, 1842-1893 -- Autograph.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1857.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.