Terræ-filius: or, The secret history of the University of Oxford; in several essays. To which are added, remarks upon a late book entitled, University education, by R. Newton ...
- [2d ed.]
- London, Printed for R. Francklin, 1726.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, , 354 p. front. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF514 A5 1726Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plate engraved by William Hogarth.
Advertisements:  p. at end, for works printed for R. Francklin.
T.p. printed in red and black.
Initials; head- and tail-pieces.
"This work appeared originally in fifty numbers, the first of which is dated January 11, 1721, and the last July 6 of the same year."--Halkett and Laing.
Cordeaux & Merry 5229.
- Subject Terms:
- Clarke, John -- Autograph, 1971.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1726.Francklin, R. -- Publisher.Hildesley, Alfred, b. 1873 -- Bookplate.Newton, Richard, 1676-1753. University education.University of Oxford.
YCBA Collections Search
Amhurst, N. (Nicholas), 1697-1742, Terræ-filius: or, The secret history of the University of Oxford;, 1726
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.