A comparative view of the antient monuments of India : particularly those in the island of Salset near Bombay, as described by different writers : illustrated with prints.
- London : Printed by John Nichols; and sold by G.G.J. and J. Robinson, in Pater-Noster-Row; C. Dilly, in the Poultry; and J. Sewell, in Cornhill, MDCCLXXXV 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 85,  p., X leaves of plates (two folded) : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS418 G68 1785+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Prefatory letter signed: R. G., i.e. Richard Gough.
With three final advertisement pages.
Includes bibliographical references.
Plates engraved by Thomas Cook.
- Subject Terms:
- Dilly, C. -- PublisherEngraving -- Specimens -- 1785Etching -- Specimens -- 1785India -- AntiquitiesNichols, John -- PrinterRobinson, G. G. J. and J. -- PublisherSalsette Island -- Antiquities.Sculpture -- India.Sculpture -- India.Sewell, J. -- Publisher
YCBA Collections Search
Gough, Richard, 1735-1809, A comparative view of the antient monuments of India , MDCCLXXXV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.