English painters of the present day / essays by J. Beavington Atkinson, Sidney Colvin, P.G. Hamberton, W.M. Rossetti, and Tom Taylor ; with twelve photographs after original drawings.
- London : Seeley, Jackson, and Halliday, 1871.
- Physical Description:
- , 73 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND467 A84 1871+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations are photographs of drawings by Edward John Poynter, Edward Coley Burne-Jones, Simeon Solomon, Edward Armitage, George Frederick Watts, Ford Madox Brown, Philip Hermogenes Calderon, Marie Spartali [i.e. Mrs. William J. Stillman], Henry Stacy Marks, Alfred Pizzi Newton, Frederic Leighton of Stretton, and George Dunlop Leslie.
Gold- and black-stamped blue publisher's cloth binding.
Binder's ticket: Hanbury & Simpson, Fleet St.
Printed by Strangeways and Walden, Castle St., Leicester Square.
- Subject Terms:
- Hanbury & Simpson -- Bookbinder.Painters -- Great Britain.Painting, British.Seeley, Jackson, and Halliday -- Publisher.Stock, Collard J. -- Autograph, 1873.Strangeways and Walden -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Atkinson, J. Beavington, English painters of the present day , 1871
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.