The artist's assistant in drawing, etching, engraving, mezzotinto-scraping, painting on glass, and on silks, satins, &c. : containing the easiest and most comprehensive rules for the attainment of those truly useful and polite arts / methodically digested and adapted to the capacities of young beginners by the late Robert Laurie ...
- The eighth edition, improved, with the addition of lithography, or, the art of drawing on stone, including the preparation of the ink, chalks, &c.
- London : Printed for R.H. Laurie ... No. 53, Fleet Street, 1842.
- Physical Description:
- vi, -34 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7430 A73 1842Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- In original printed wrappers.
Earlier editions attributed to Carington Bowles.
Printed by J. Rider, 14, Bartholomew Close, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Technique.Lithography -- Technique.Richard Holmes Laurie -- Publisher.Rider, J. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Laurie, Robert, 1755?-1836, The artist's assistant in drawing, etching, engraving, mezzotinto-scraping, painting on glass, and on silks, satins, &c. , 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.