A method to learn to design the passions : proposed in a conference on their general and particular expression / written in French and illustrated with a great many figures excellently designed by Mr. Le Brun, chief painter to the French king ... ; translated into English and all the designs engraved on copper by John Williams ...
- London : Printed for the author, and sold by F. Huggonson ..., Mr. Croyton ..., 1734.
- Physical Description:
- xii, -58 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 18 cm. (12mo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC770 L44 1734Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece after J.(?) Goerce.
Advertisement:  p. at end.
Added engraved t.p.
Error in paging: no. 46 repeated.
"Anabridgment of a conference of Mr. Le Brun on physiognomy": p. 52-58.
Head- and tail-pieces; initials.
- Subject Terms:
- Croyton, Mr. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Technique.Emotions.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1734.Facial expression.Huggonson, F. -- Publisher.Philipps, Eva -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Le Brun, Charles, 1619-1690, A method to learn to design the passions , 1734