An illustration of the monastic history and antiquities of the town and abbey of St. Edmund's Bury / by the Rev. Richard Yates ... ; with views of the most considerable monasterial remains by the Rev. William Yates ...
- London : Printed for the author by J. Nichols and son ..., and published by William Miller ..., T. Cadell and W. Davies ..., and Joseph Mawman, 1805.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 252, 10, 32, 8,  leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B97 Y3 1805+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Plates engraved by Francis Hery; after William Yates.
Second part mentioned in Prospectus (8 p. at end) was not published until the 2nd ed. of 1843.
Second edition published under title: History and antiquities of the Abbey of St. Edmund's Bury.
Upcott, W. English topography, p. 1195.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbey of Bury St. Edmunds.Bury St. Edmunds (England) -- History.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Davies, W. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1805.Etching -- Specimens -- 1805.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1805.Leicester University Library -- Bookplate.Mawman, Joseph -- Publisher.Miller, William -- Publisher.Nichols (J.) and Son -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Yates, Richard, 1769-1834, An illustration of the monastic history and antiquities of the town and abbey of St. Edmund's Bury , 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.