Specimens of inlaid tiles : heraldic and geometrical, from Neath Abbey, Glamorganshire / the descriptive heraldic notices by the Revd. H.H. Knight ... ; the plates from original drawings by Mr. Egbert Moxham ...
- Edinburgh : Committee of the Neath Philosophical Institution, .
- Physical Description:
- , 27 p., 7 leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 x 56 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 28Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by Louis-Joseph Ghémar and James Gordon; after Mrs. Vivian and Egbert Moxham. Lithographs printed by Frederick Schenck.
Prospectus for Original charters and materials for a history of Heath and its abbey bound in at end ( p.)
Bound in green publisher's cloth, with title gold-stamped on front.
Binder's ticket: Alexr. Banks, Jr., 5 North Bridge, Edinburgh.
Date from NUC pre-56.
- Subject Terms:
- Banks, Alexander, Jr. -- Bookbinder.Heraldry -- Wales.Neath Abbey (West Glamorgan)Neath Philosophical Institution -- Publisher.Schenck, Frederick -- Printer.Tiles -- Wales.
- Chromolithographs -- .
Lithotints -- .
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.