The Great Western, Cheltenham and Great Western, and Bristol and Exeter railway guides : containing a topographical, antiquarian, and geological account of the country and of the towns and villages in the neighbourhood of the railways : with a preliminary description of the construction of the Great Western and other railways : illustrated with numerous and accurate engravings on wood, and guides to Windsor, Reading, Oxford, Glocester, Hereford, Cheltenham, Bath, Wells, and Bristol.
- London : James Wyld ..., 1839.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvi, 284 p.  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 .G65 1839Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- One plate engraved by C.D. Laing.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
Cover title: Wyld's Great Western Railway guide: Cheltenham, Bristol, and Exeter.
Printed by Wm. Clowes and Sons, Stamford Street.
- Subject Terms:
- Clowes (Wm.) and Sons -- Printer.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Guidebooks.Great Western Railway (Great Britain)Railroads -- Great Britain.Wyld, James -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1839.
Lithographs -- 1839.
YCBA Collections Search
The Great Western, Cheltenham and Great Western, and Bristol and Exeter railway guides , 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.