Portfolio of fragments : relative to the history and antiquities of the county Palatine and duchy of Lancaster / by Matthew Gregson, Esq. ; embellished with numerous engravings on wood of views, arms, seals and antiquities.
- Liverpool : Printed by G. F. Harris's widow and brothers, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pts. (viii, [v]-vii, , 302 [i.e. 313], cviii p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., ports, map, geneal. tables ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L2 G8 1817+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has original printed paper wrappers bound in & has the bookplate of John Talbot Clifton.
Plates by D. Redman, W. Clements, William Hughes, Henry Hole, Alexander Mosses, and George Cole Bainbridge; after Peter Perez Burdett, Matthew Gregson, Thomas Harrison, Alexander Mosses, Edward Jones, Thomas Chubbard, J. Wallace, Richard Wright, Mr. Patrick, William Gerard Walmesley, B.P. Gregson, Dugdale, George Cuitt, William Green, Charles Vincent Barber, and James Hall Miller.
Each part has special t.p.
Printed by Nichols, Son, & Bentley, Red Lion Passage, Fleet Street, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Clifton, John Talbot -- Bookplate.Harris, G. F. (Mrs.) & brothers -- Printer.Lancashire (England) -- Genealogy.Lancashire (England) -- History.Nichols, Son, & Bentley -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1817.
Wood engravings -- 1817.
Lithographs -- 1817.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.