Craven, Keppel Richard, 1779-1851, Italian scenes , 1825
- Italian scenes : a series of interesting delineations of remarkable views, and of the most celebrated remains of antiquity ...
- London : John Walker, Paternoster Row, 1825.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG426 C7 1825Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by Charles Heath; after the Hon. K. Craven (i.e. Keppel Richard Craven).
British Art Center copy has wrappers wanting. Part of original paper label still visible on spine.
- (from t.p.) Benevento, on the Calore -- Castle of Brindisi -- City of Cassano -- Faro of Messina -- Town of Lauria -- Castle of Lucera -- Maida -- Well at Manduria -- Castle of Otranto -- Polignano -- Salerno -- Sicignano -- Taranto -- Mount Vesuvius -- Lava of Mount Vesuvius -- Crater of Mount Etna -- Arch of Constantine -- Arch of Titus -- Column of Trajan -- Column of Antoninus -- Pyramid of Caius Cestius -- Sepulchre of Cecelia Matella -- The Flavian Amphitheatre, or the Coliseum -- Temple of Fortuna Virilis -- Temple of Vesta -- Temple of Faunus -- Lake of Geneva.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1825.Italy -- Pictorial works.Walker, John -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.