Stowe : a description of the magnificent house and gardens of the Right Honourable Richard Grenville Temple, Earl Temple, Viscount and Baron Cobham, one of His Majesty's most honourable Privy Council, and Knight of the most noble Order of the Garter : embellished with a general plan of the gardens : and also a separate plan of the house and of each building, with perspective views of the same.
- A new edition, with all the alterations and improvements that have been made therein, to the present time : with the description of the inside of the house ...
- Buckingham : Printed and sold by B. Seeley, sold also by Messrs. Rivington, St. Paul's church yard, London, and Mr. Hodgkinson, at the New Inn at Stowe, 1777.
- Physical Description:
- 41,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., plans ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7625 S86 S86 1777Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by G.L. Smith; after Benton Seeley and W. Fairchild.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
Text consists largely of poetic extracts, mottoes, inscriptions, etc.
Dedication signed: B. [i.e. Benton] Seeley.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1777.Etching -- Specimens -- 1777.Hodgkinson, Mr. -- Publisher.Ker, R. G. -- Pres. insc. to M. Porter, 1822.Landscape gardening -- Great Britain.Painting -- Private collections -- Great Britain.Porter, M. -- Pres. insc. from R.G. Ker, 1822.Rivington, Messrs. -- Publisher.Seeley, B. -- Printer.Stowe Gardens (England)Stowe House (England)Temple, Richard Grenville-Temple, Earl, 1711-1779.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.