British School, Prospectus and catalogue of the British School , 1802
- Prospectus and catalogue of the British School : instituted for the perpetual exhibition and sale of the original works of modern artists : under the patronage of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales ...
- London : Printed by C. Rickaby, printer to the British School, Peterborough-court, Fleet-street, 1802.
- Physical Description:
- 45 p. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN1165 B74 P72 1802Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center copy is disbound.
Prospectus signed G. [i.e. George] Field.
Half t.p. reads: Prospectus and catalogue of the exhibition of the British School: patronized by His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales.
British School founded in 1802 by John Thomas Serres, George Field, and William Ashford. It was not a financial success & lasted only 18 months.
Head-piece engraved by J. Berryman.
Whitley, W. Art in England, 1800-1820 (1973), p. 45-48.
- Subject Terms:
- Art galleries, Commercial -- Great Britain.British School.Painting, British -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Rickaby, C. -- Printer.
Wood engravings -- 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.