Arithmetical lottery , [18--]
- Arithmetical lottery : a new amusing and instructive game of exercises in multiplication.
- [London? : s.n.], [18--].
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (instruction sheet, cards) : paper, col. ; in box, 22 x 14 x 2 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 A74Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- In box, as issued.
Title from instruction sheet.
Label mounted on inside of box lid reads: "Varty & Cox, publishers, booksellers, stationers, map and printsellers, 3 Adelaide Street, Strand, London, W.C. (late Roake & Varty)"
If Varty & Cox published this game, it could date from 1847-1855. Roake & Varty in business 1831-1847; in business as Varty & Owen by 1855.--cf. Todd, W. Directory of printers; Hodson's Booksellers, publishers, stationers directory 1855 (1972).
Includes instruction sheet, 8 large cards with numbers & 64 small cards with pictures. Game is played rather like bingo.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 49
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Arithmetic -- Study and teaching.Educational games -- Specimens.Multiplication -- Study and teaching.Varty & Cox -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- [18--].
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.