A collection of the most approved examples of doorways, from modern buildings in Italy and Sicily, expressly measured and delineated for this work, preceded by a sketch of the history of Italian architecture from its revival to the time of Palladio: by Thomas Leverton Donaldson, architect ...
- London, J. Weale [etc.] 1836.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.., 22 p., 1 . 28 pl. 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA3010 D6+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates by Emile Edmond Ollivier; after Thomas Leverton Donaldson.
Bound with: A collection of the most approved examples of doorways, from ancient buildings in Greece and Italy / Thomas Leverton Donaldson. London : Bossange, Barthès and Lowell, 1833.
Plates 27 & 28 are misnumbered 29 & 30.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture -- Italy -- History.Architecture -- Italy -- Sicily.Architecture -- Italy.Doorways.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1836Weale, John, -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Donaldson, Thomas Leverton, 1795-1885, A collection of the most approved examples of doorways, from modern buildings in Italy and Sicily,, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.