Views within twelve miles round London / drawn and engraved by James Peller Malcolm ; this work tends to preserve the perishable forms of many a building and monument of antiquity, whose fate has been pronounced, and whose remembrance shall only be had from this and similar works.
- London : Printed by John Nichols, Red Lion Passage, Fleet Street, [180-?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 24 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 M34+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- In original printed wrappers.
Title, statement of responsibility, and publishing information from front wrapper.
Plates are dated 1796-1800. One leaf watermarked 1797, two watermarked 1804.
Probably a selection from Malcolm's Views within twelve miles round London (London, 1800). All the plates do appear in his Seventy-three views within twelve miles round London (London, 1811).
Adams, B. London illustrated, p. 185-186.
Upcott, W. English topography, p. 927-930.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- [180-?].Etching -- Specimens -- [180-?].London (England) -- Description and travel.Nichols, John -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Malcolm, James Peller, 1767-1815, Views within twelve miles round London , [180-?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.