Portraits of the children of the nobility / a series of highly finished engravings executed under the superintendence of Charles Heath ; from drawings by Alfred E. Chalon ... and other eminent artists ; with illustrations in verse by distinguished contributors ; edited by Mrs. Fairlie.
- First series.
- London : Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1838.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7645 F3 1838+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by James Thomson, William Henry Mote, Henry Cook, and John Henry Robinson; after Alfred Edward Chalon, John Bostock, and Daniel Maclise.
Printed by James Moyes, Castle Street, Leicester Square, London
Satirized by John Leech in Portraits of the children of the mobility. London, 1841.
- Subject Terms:
- Children -- Portraits.Children in art.Children in literature.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1838.
YCBA Collections Search
Fairlie, Mrs. (Louisa), Portraits of the children of the nobility , 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.