Fourteen views of the mansion and garden seats of White-Knights, a seat of His Grace the Duke of Marlborough / engraved by C. Heath, L. Byrne, & J. Rawle ; from pictures and drawings made on the spot by T.C. Hofland.
- London : T.C. Hofland, 23, Newman-street, Oxford-street, [1819?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p., 14 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A S 8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by R. Peake, Letitia Byrne, J. Rawle and Charles Heath; after T.C. (Thomas Christopher) Hofland.
In original boards.
Title & publishing information from printed label on front cover.
At foot of printed label: India paper proofs, 2 . 2s.
These plates also appear in: A descriptive account of the mansion and gardens of White-Knights / by Mrs. Hofland. London : W. Wilson, .
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England.Etching -- Specimens -- [1819?].Gardens -- England.Hofland, T. C. -- Publisher.Marlborough, George Spencer Churchill, Duke of, 1766-1840.Reading (England) -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Hofland, T. C. (Thomas Christopher), 1777-1843, Fourteen views of the mansion and garden seats of White-Knights,, [1819?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.