Companion to the most celebrated private galleries of art in London. Containing accurate catalogues, arranged alphabetically, for immediate reference, each preceded by an historical & critical introduction, with a prefatory essay on art, artists, collectors and connoisseurs. By Mrs. Jameson.
- London, Saunders and Otley, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. ., [vii]-xl, 413 p. 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN1030 J2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Advertisement:  p. at end.
Printed by T.C. Savill.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- History.Art museums -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Painting -- England -- London -- Catalogs.
- The gallery of Her Majesty the Queen.--The Bridgewater gallery.--The Sutherland Gallery.--The Grosvenor gallery.--The collection of the Marquess of Lansdowne.--The collection of the Rt. Hon. Sir Robert Peel.--The collection of Mr. Rogers.