Practical hints on composition in painting : illustrated by examples from the great masters of the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools / by John Burnet ...
- Fifth edition.
- London : Printed for the proprietor, and sold by James Carpenter and Son, Old Bond Street, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- 31 p., 9 leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1475 B8 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by John Burnet; after Benjamin West, James Burnet, David Wilkie, Peter Paul Rubens, and several other non-British artists.
Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter (James) and Son -- Publisher.Composition (Art)Dobell, C. M. -- Autograph.Etching -- Specimens -- 1836.Painting -- Technique.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on composition in painting , 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.