Russell, John, -1494, Propositio Johannis Russell , 1909
- Propositio Johannis Russell : printed by William Caxton circa A. D. 1476 / reproduced in facsimile from the copy preserved in the John Rylands Library, Manchester ; with an introduction by Henry Guppy.
- Manchester : The University Press, 1909.
- Physical Description:
- 35,  p. : facsim. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ241 R9 1909Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ241 R9 1909Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Oration delivered by Russell on the occasion of his embassy in February 1470 to invest Charles the Bold with the Order of the Garter.
"A list of the works printed in the same type as the 'Propositio,' William Caxton's type 'no. 2' ": p. 35.
BAC has 2 copies. Copy 2 belonged to William Inglis Morse.
- Subject Terms:
- Caxton, William, approximately 1422-1491 or 1492.Incunabula -- Facsimiles.Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Stamp.Quaritch, Bernard -- Publisher.Sherratt and Hughes -- Publisher.University of Manchester Press -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.