IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Russell, John, -1494, Propositio Johannis Russell , 1909
Propositio Johannis Russell : printed by William Caxton circa A. D. 1476 / reproduced in facsimile from the copy preserved in the John Rylands Library, Manchester ; with an introduction by Henry Guppy.
- Manchester : The University Press, 1909.
- Physical Description:
- 35,  p. : facsim. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ241 R9 1909 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ241 R9 1909 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Oration delivered by Russell on the occasion of his embassy in February 1470 to invest Charles the Bold with the Order of the Garter.
"A list of the works printed in the same type as the 'Propositio,' William Caxton's type 'no. 2' ": p. 35.
BAC has 2 copies. Copy 2 belonged to William Inglis Morse.
- Subject Terms:
- Caxton, William, approximately 1422-1491 or 1492.Incunabula -- Facsimiles.Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Stamp.Quaritch, Bernard -- Publisher.Sherratt and Hughes -- Publisher.University of Manchester Press -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.