Pompeii : its history, buildings, and antiquities : an account of the city, with a full description of the remains, and of the recent excavations, and also an itinerary for visitors / edited by Thomas H. Dyer ... ; illustrated with nearly three hundred wood engravings, a large map, and a plan of the forum.
- Second edition.
- London : Bell and Daldy ..., 1868.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 579 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., plans ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG70.P7 D9 1868Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by J. Henshall, Thomas Bradley, and J. Jobbins; after W.B. Clarke, and François Mazois.
"London: Printed by William Clowes and Sons, Stamford Street and Charing Cross."
- Subject Terms:
- Bell and Daldy -- PublisherPompeii (Extinct city)William Clowes & Sons, ltd. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1868.
Lithographs -- 1868.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.