Comic art-manufactures : the aim of this collection is to decorate objects of every day life, and to associate poetical invention with every thing, to decorate each article with appropriate details relating to its use, and to obtain these details as directly as possible from nature ... / collected by Luke Limner ...
- London, D. Bogue, 86, Fleet Street, .
- Physical Description:
- , 8 leaves : all ill. ; 15 x 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK928 L44 1848Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Presentation copy from the author to William Stirling-Maxwell; inscription is dated November, 1848.
Author's ms. note says this is proof copy.
Bound in publisher's boards with original printed label on cover. Label reads: Art manufacture.
from t.p.: Printed at the lithographic press of Leighton & Taylor, 19 Lamb's Conduit Street
Satire of Henry Cole's art manufactures.
- Subject Terms:
- Bogue, D. -- Publisher.Cole, Henry, Sir, 1808-1882 -- Cartoons, satire, etc.Decorative arts, Victorian -- Anecdotes.Leighton & Taylor -- Printer.Leighton, John, 1822-1912 -- Pres. insc. to Sir William Stirling-Maxwell, 1848.Lithography -- Specimens -- .Stirling Maxwell, William, Sir, 1818-1878 -- Pres. insc. from John Leighton, 1848.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.