A collection of right merrie garlands for North Country anglers, 1842 [i.e. 1845?]
A collection of right merrie garlands for North Country anglers.
- Newcastle : Printed for Emerson Charnley, 1842 [i.e. 1845?]
- Physical Description:
- 240 p. in various pagings : ill., ports. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110 A6 C64Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Most parts have title vignettes by Thomas Bewick and Isaac Nicholson.
Portrait by T.E. Nicholson; after E. Train.
Each part has separate t.p. and paging.
Parts are dated 1821-1845.
- Subject Terms:
- Charnley, Emerson -- Publisher.English poetry.Fishing -- Poetry.Hupp, Edward Basil -- Bookplate.
- Etchings -- 1830.
Wood engravings -- 1842-1845.
- The angler's progress : a poem
- The Tyne fisher's farewell to his favourite stream on the approach of winter
- The fisher's garland for 1821 [-1845]
- The auld fisher's invitation to his friend.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.