Fox, George Townshend, 1781-1846, Synopsis of the Newcastle Museum , 1827
- Synopsis of the Newcastle Museum : late the Allan, formerly the Tunstall, or Wycliffe Museum : to which are prefixed memoirs of Mr. Tunstall, the founder, and of Mr. Allan, the late proprietor, of the collection : with occasional remarks on the species, by those gentlemen and the editor / by George Townshend Fox ...
- Newcastle : Printed by T. and J. Hodgson, and sold by Emerson Charnley ..., and W. Wood ..., 1827.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, , 312,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port., geneal. tables ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH70 G72 N3 1827Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Illustrations by Mark Lambert and Thomas Bewick; two plates by and after Robert Elliot Bewick.
BAC : In original boards.
SML A111 175: Presentation copy from the author to Professor Silliman.
Hugo, T. Bewick collector, 472
- Subject Terms:
- Allan, George, 1736-1800.Charnley, Emerson -- Publisher.Fox, George Townshend -- Presentation copy to Professor Silliman.Franks, Augustus Wollaston, Sir, 1826-1897 -- Autograph.Hodgson, T. and J. -- Printer.Museums -- England -- Newcastle upon Tyne.Natural history museums -- Great Britain.Tunstall, Marmaduke, 1743-1790.Wood, W. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1827.
Engravings -- 1827.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.