A collection of publications relating to Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead , [1835?]
A collection of publications relating to Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead / by John Sykes.
- [Newcastle-upon-Tyne] : Printed for John Sykes, Bookseller, at Johnson's Head, 179 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle, [1835?]
- Physical Description:
- 534 p. in various pagings : ill., ports. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 N6 C6 1835View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by Thomas Bewick, James Wilson Carmichael, and Thomas Allom; after J.F. Lambert, J. Archer, and William A. Le Petit.
Parts are dated 1820-1835.
- Subject Terms:
- Gateshead (England) -- History.Newcastle upon Tyne (England) -- History.
- Wood engravings -- [1835?].
Engravings -- [1835?].
Woodcuts -- [1835?].
- Stanzas on the intended new line of road
- An account of the disease termed Cholera Morbus
- Newcastle literary magazine, Jan. 1 1824
- Statue of King Charles II
- Statue of King James II
- Account of the last moments and death of His Majesty King George IV
- Account of the rebellions in the years 1715 and 1716, 1745 and 1746
- Verses on Alnick Castle-- Rights of the public to the valuable library of St. Nicholas Church, Newcastle
- Account of the death and funeral procession of His Royal Highness Frederick, Duke of York
- Account of the proceedings in celebration of the coronations of ... George III and Charlotte, September 22, 1761 ...
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.