The Caledonian muse , 1821
- The Caledonian muse : a chronological selection of Scotish poetry from the earliest times / edited by the late Joseph Ritson ... ; with vignettes engraved by Heath, after the designs of Stothard.
- London : Printed 1785 and now first published by Robert Triphook ..., 1821.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 158, 131*-158*, 159-232 p. : ill., port. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR8651 C3 1825Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1972 948: Imperfect: Frontispiece and preface wanting.
Printed in 1785. The introductory portion of the work was destroyed by fire in the printer's warehouse; the remaining part of the volume, with the addition of a title and portrait, is now published for the first time. cf. Preface.
Pages [i]-iv, 131*-132* and 225-232 printed by Triphook.
Silhouette of the compiler after Maria Hester Park.
Wood engravings by Thomas Bewick.
Hugo, T. Bewick collector, 434
Tinker lib., 1757
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- Scottish authors.M'Millan, B. -- Printer.Triphook, Robert -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1821.
Engravings -- 1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.