Beerbohm, Max, Sir, 1872-1956, Rossetti and his circle , 
- Rossetti and his circle / by Max Beerbohm.
- London : William Heinemann, 
Bungay, Suffolk, England : Printed by R. Clay & Sons, Ltd.
- Physical Description:
- ix,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.B44 R76 1922 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.B44 R76 1922+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin FillerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each plate accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
"This edition, numbered and signed by the author, is limited to three hundred and eighty copies, of which three hunded fifty are for sale, and thirty for presentation."--Verso of half-title.
Printer's statement from verso of half-title.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original blue cloth. Tite in gilt on front cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is no. 94 of 380 copies, signed by the artist. Bound in publisher's original white cloth.
- Frontispiece. Rossetti in Childhood. -- 1. British Stock and Alien Inspiration -- 2. Rossetti's Courtship -- 3. A Momentary Vision that Befell Young Millais -- 4. A Remark by Benjamin Jowett -- 5. Coventry Patmore at Spring Cottage -- 6. Ned Jones and Topsy -- 7. John Ruskin meets Miss Cornforth -- 8. Blue China -- 9. Woolner at Farringford -- 10. Ford Madox Brown patronised by Holman Hunt -- 11. The Small Hours in the Sixties at 16, Cheyne Walk -- 12. Gabriel and Christina -- 13. George Meredith's Hortation -- 14. William Bell Scott Wondering -- 15. Robert Browning introduces a Great Lady -- 16. George Augustus Sala with Rossetti -- 17. Swinburne and Mr. Gosse -- 18. Mr. Morley brings Mr. Mill --19. Mr. Leighton suggests Candidature -- 20. Mr. Watts, Mr. Shields, and Mr. Caine -- 21. The Touch of a Vanished Hand -- 21. Rossetti's Name is heard in America.
- Subject Terms:
- English wit and humor, Pictorial.Pre-Raphaelites -- Caricatures and cartoons.Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882 -- Caricatures and cartoons.Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882 -- Friends and associates -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1922.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.