A collection of right merrie garlands for North country anglers , 1864
- A collection of right merrie garlands for North country anglers / edited by Joseph Crawhall ; and continued to this present year.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Newcastle fishers' garlands
- Newcastle-on-Tyne : G. Rutland, 1864.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 312 p. : ill., facsims. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110 A6 C64 1864Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2005 1597: Fore-edge painting. Ms. note: Fore edge painting of fishermen at Newcastle. Ms. note: Oxford & Cambridge boat race 1879. Bookseller's label: Myers & Co., 102 New Bond Street, London, W.1.
Illustrations are reproductions of engravings by Thomas Bewick.
Printed by Ballantyne & Co., Edinburgh.
Half-title: The Newcastle fishers' garlands.
"Formed part of the series of publications issued by the Newcastle-on-Tyne Typographical Society, (commenced in 1817, and not now in existence.) ... First issued separately, and afterwards collectively in 1836 ... A subsequent edition appeared in 1842."--Introd.
Hugo, T. Bewick collector, 530.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballantyne & Company -- Printer.English poetry.Fishing -- Poetry.Gooch, F. Harcomb -- Pres. insc. from George Lindsay Watson, 1868.Rutland, George -- Pres. insc. to Lindsay Watson.Rutland, George -- Publisher.Watson, Lindsay -- Pres. insc. from George Rutland.Watson, Lindsay -- Pres. insc. to F. Harcomb Gooch, 1868.
- Fore-edge paintings (Binding)
Booksellers' labels (Provenance) -- Myers & Co.
Wood engravings -- 1864.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.