Captain Cook's Voyages round the world : the first performed in the years 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771 : the second in 1772, 1773, 1774, 1775 : the third and last in 1776, 1777, 1778, 1779, and 1780 : for making discoveries in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, by order of His present Majesty : containing a relation of all the interesting transactions which occurred in the course of the voyages : including Captain Furneaux's Journal of his proceedings during the separation of the ships : with a narrative of Commodore Phipps's Voyage to the North Pole, and an abridgement of Foster's introduction to his History of northern discoveries on the progress of navigation : to which is added, Governor Phillip's Voyage to Botany-Bay, with an account of the establishment of the colonies of Port Jackson and Norfolk Island, &c. &c.
- Newcastle : Printed by M. Brown, 1790.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., ports., maps ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG420 C62 1790Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Thomas Bewick, Ralph Beilby, Hunter, Daniel Lizars, and W. Shillito.
Vol. 2 has title: A voyage to the Pacific Ocean ...
Hugo, T. Bewick collector, 55
- Subject Terms:
- Brown, M. -- Printer.Dixon, John -- Autograph.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1790.Oceania -- Discovery and exploration.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1790.Voyages around the world.
YCBA Collections Search
Cook, James, 1728-1779, Captain Cook's Voyages round the world , 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.