Catalogue of a scarce and curious collection of books and engravings formerly belonging to Thomas Bewick, the eminent wood engraver : including copies of his histories of British birds, Quadrupeds, and Fables of Aesop, with the entire stock and remainder of Mr. Bewick's "Memoir written by himself" ..., also the household furniture and a portion of the silver plate : to be sold by auction February 5th, 6th, and 7th, 1884, by Messrs. Davison and Son, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne : Printed by Ward ..., 1884.
- Physical Description:
- , 40 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1212 B5 A4 1884View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Obituary of Isabella Bewick laid in.
Wood engravings by Thomas Bewick.
At head of title: By order of the executors of Miss Bewick, deceased
- Subject Terms:
- Bewick, Thomas, 1753-1828 -- Bibliography.Newcastle upon Tyne (England) -- Imprints -- 1884.Ward -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1884.
YCBA Collections Search
Catalogue of a scarce and curious collection of books and engravings formerly belonging to Thomas Bewick,, 1884
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.