A compendium of the theory and practice of drawing and painting : illustrated by the technical terms in art with practical observations on the essential lines and the forms connected with them ... : to which is added the practice of the pencil, chalk, tinted and water-colour drawing / by R. Dagley ...
- London : Printed by Bensley and Son, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, for Pinnock and Maunder, 267, Strand, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- , xvi, 79 p., 7 leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC710 D2 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece by and after by Richard Dagley.
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley and Son -- Printer.Dixon, W. T. -- Bookplate, 1907.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Etching -- Specimens -- 1818.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Pinnock and Mauder -- Publisher.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1818.Tomes, J. -- Autograph.Tomes, W. B. -- Bookplate.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
Dagley, Richard, d. 1841, A compendium of the theory and practice of drawing and painting , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.