Stereography, or, A compleat body of perspective : in all its branches. Teaching to describe, by mathematical rules, the appearances of lines, plain figures, and solid bodies rectilinear, curvilinear, and mixed in all manner of positions. Together with their projections or shadows, and their reflections by polished planes. The whole performed by uniform, easy, and general methods, for the most part entirely new. In seven books / By J. Hamilton ... In two volumes.
- London : Printed for the author by W. Bowyer, 1738.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 400,  p. : diagrs. on 130 fold. pl. ; 42 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A Q 8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by J. Mynde.
Title in red and black.
The seven books are in one volume.
- Subject Terms:
- Bowyer, W. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1738.Hamilton, John -- Publisher.Perspective -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Hamilton, J. (John), Stereography, or, A compleat body of perspective , 1738
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.