Ritchie, Leitch, 1800?-1865, Turner's Rivers of France , [18--]
- Turner's Rivers of France / with an introduction by John Ruskin ; and steel engravings selected from the originals of J.M.W. Turner, R.A. ; described by Leitch Ritchie ... ; together with a biography of the artist by Alaric A. Watts.
- London : London Printing and Publishing Co. ; [18--]
New York : A.W. Gittens, [18--]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC27 R58 1800z+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : This copy is 2 v. bound in 1.
Plates engraved by Robert Brandard, Thomas Higham, Robert Wallis, W.R. Smith, and James Tibbitts Willmore; after J.M.W. (Joseph Mallord William) Turner.
Also published with title: Liber fluviorum, or, River scenery of France / Leitch Ritchie.
Also issued as supplement to: The gallery of eminent British artists / John Sherer.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- Description and travel.France -- In art.Gittens, A. W. -- Publisher.London Printing and Publishing Company -- Publisher.Rivers -- France.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- [18--].Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.