A complete history of theatrical entertainments, dramas, masques, and triumphs, at the English court, from the time of King Henry VIII. to the present day, including the series of plays performed before Her Majesty, at Windsor Castle, Christmas, 1848-9 ... Ed. by J.K. Chapman.
- London, J. Mitchell, [1849?]
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. ., 86 p. front., plates. 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN2582 R6 C4 1849+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Finden; after Thomas Grieve, William Telbin, and John Absolon.
British Art Center copy imperfect: added engraved t.p. wanting.
Added t.p., engraved.
Cover title: History of royal dramatic entertainments.
Running title: The royal dramatic record.
- Subject Terms:
- Billiat, Joseph. b. 1863 -- Bookplate.Mitchell, John -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1849.Theater -- England -- London -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
Chapman, John Kemble, A complete history of theatrical entertainments, dramas, masques, and triumphs, at the English court,, [1849?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.