"Baxter" colour prints : extracts from press opinions / printed by J.M. Kronheim & Co. ...
- London : J.M. Kronheim, 1909.
- Physical Description:
- 15 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1860 K7 B3 1909Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- A copy of the print "Dignity" is laid in.
Extracts from press reactions to the publication of two Kronheim prints, "Duty" and "Dignity," using the (George) Baxter process (i.e. chromoxylography, the "imposition of successive colored wood blocks over a monochrome key impression ..."--cf. Friedman, J. Color printing in England, p. 21).
Progressive color sheets from the printing of the two prints were gathered together and published under title: Colour and progressive sheets : Baxter colour prints ([London, 1909]).
- Subject Terms:
- Baxter, George, 1804-1867.Color prints.Kronheim (J. M.) & Co. -- Printer.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1909.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.